DESIGN CONSULTATIONS & COMPOSITION IDEAS
Our cast glass, wall-mounted birds appear to move with the changing light creating enchanting silhouettes and shadows which mimic their flight path. In pairs they are engaging in that they appear to be in dialogue; in threes, fours and fives they appear to swoop and rise which lends them a rhythmical, almost musical quality. In ‘3s and 5’s particularly, they are reminiscent of the hugely popular row of ducks which graced the walls of the Colony’s homes during 1950s – though these feathered fellows are far more chic. In larger groups they are simply magical – they literally flock – one can almost hear the beat of their elegant wings.
Check out examples of composition ideas at the bottom of this page.
BOOK A LUKE JACOMB STUDIO DESIGN CONSULTATION
We offer a contracted styling service - this includes three photographic mockup of your final selections, seen on your own wall or space.
- A well lit photo of the wall or space from as far back as possible
- Approximate wall dimensions - height and width
- An indication of your colour preferences for the space
- A budget guide
Please email the image(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our consultation fees start from $195.00.
- Revisions are charged at an hourly rate of $65.00.
- Installation Templates can be provided with your order for $85.00.
- Please contact us to discuss your specific needs and receive a customized quote.
- Fees are in NZD and are paid directly to our design consultant.
- Browse our website for available works, or contact us to arrange a showroom visit to discuss your requirements.
- Depending on the size of your order we may require full payment or a 50% deposit to secure your order.
- Installation fees may be charged separately and may require travel costs. We can also refer you to a local installer if there is one in your area.
- The consultation mock-ups are a visual guide only. Light, colour and texture will vary throughout the space at different times of the day and year. It is also dependent on the angle the works are viewed from, which can be difficult to represent.
- All of our birds are designed to fly right to left, however the following species can be custom made to fly left to right:
- 7 small bird species - Bellbird, Silvereye, Shining Cuckoo, Swallow, Tomtit, Mohua and Stitchbird.
- 3 large bird species - Saddleback, Saddleback (wings up) and Tui (the Tui is much larger in scale).
- Please note if opting for a left to right flock:
- the head direction/position of the birds cannot be altered.
- there is an added risk of breakage if you screw them too tightly into a wall when flying right.
- We can provide a printed template to assist with installation at a cost of $85.00.
- Please note that we are not responsible for any issues with the wall or surface that you choose to install our works on and recommend that installation should be carried out by an experienced professional. Luke Jacomb studio is not responsible for personal injury and/or property damage. Always seek specific advice on your art installation to ensure all variables are taken into consideration before you install our works.
- Please use a masking tape that is suitable for the finish of your wall to place the paper template on to the surface.
- Please ensure you drill the holes and install the wall anchors before carefully removing the template. You can install the birds over the template but this is not recommended. Luke Jacomb Studio is not responsible for any breakages during installation.
Check out examples of composition ideas below